Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Swipestripe + Categories & how to order across multiple categories

Go to End

3 Posts   1934 Views

flipsidenz

Community Member, 49 Posts

28 November 2013 at 7:12am

I have setup a site using Swipestripe, with Swipestripe categories. My client now wants to re-order their products differently across categories. However every product belongs to multiple categories.

Reordering the SiteTree won't work as doing this will affect the ordering of all the categories a product belongs to (if that makes sense?).

I am thinking that I will have to create another dataobject to manage a category/product/ordering relationship - but I just thought i'd check to see if anyone else has had to solve this problem?

Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

30 November 2013 at 12:03am

I havent used the module before. but cant you use many_many_extrafields ?

http://www.silverstripe.org/data-model-questions/show/19965

frankmullenger

Forum Moderator, 53 Posts

18 December 2013 at 2:23pm

You can use a DataObject which maps to the join table (ProductCategory_Products) - this can be an easier way of managing than extraFields imo. If the client does not need an exact ordering across different categories you might be able to get away with a simple numeric field on Product which is a kind of weighting and then order products according to this value? It depends on whether they have a few products that they want to put front and centre of different categories or if they want a fairly specific order to the products I think.