Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Prestashop Integration

Go to End

4 Posts   6015 Views

markeaston

Community Member, 11 Posts

21 April 2009 at 1:01pm

Hi

Perhaps this is not the best forum to post this in but I was not sure where to put it.
Has anyone ever looked at integrating SilverStripe with Prestashop for more advanced eCommerce.
They both seem to be fairly well aligned and a well designed bridge would allow both systems to focus on what they do best.
Perhaps this is not realistic but was just a thought I had as I just discovered Prestashop

Cheers
Mark

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

21 April 2009 at 7:47pm

Hi there,

I haven't used Prestashop before, but after taking a quick look at it, there doesn't appear to be any APIs they offer with their ecommerce software. There's also no technical documentation (say's its "Coming soon").

What sort of integration were you after?

Cheers,
Sean

markeaston

Community Member, 11 Posts

21 April 2009 at 8:55pm

I would like to access the products/ categories etc as a data model from prestashop so I could build my main menu template etc in silverstripe, but perhaps have the category page and product detail pages, checkout etc embedded in iframe or something - ideally just like snippets that loaded content from prestashop (not quite sure the best way to go about that)

I guess where I am coming from is that my company created a site with Magento a while back and I was not that impressed with the templating system so I have been looking at Silverstripe. It seems awesome however the ecommerce module does not seem all that mature. Things like stock numbers etc. I am a developer so am considering working on a module and am just trying to figure out whether is better to try and improve silverstripe ecommerce module or think about better long term solution

nathan03

Community Member, 1 Post

13 September 2017 at 2:05am

Hi , I am a prestashop user, and when I started making
my webstore I have used digital sales module which
protects web from different DDos attacks and stripe
payment module.
Digital Sales: https://www.modulesshop.com/en/prestsashop-modules/16-virtual-digital-files-products-prestashop.html
Stripe: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/payment-card-wallet/24996-stripe-official.html