Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Future of E-Commerce - Anyone got Credit Card payments working?

Go to End

4 Posts   2533 Views

kcd

Community Member, 54 Posts

29 June 2009 at 9:56am

All I can see is people using direct credit to accounts (internet banking) but it has been 6 months since I looked into this fully.

There seem to be plenty of questions that never get answered on this forum.

If there is an "e gate" some one has got working I will choose that. DPS looks the most promising. I think for the e-commerce module to get any momentum (arguably it has none unless I am missing something) I think one or two 99% working gateways would be the way to build a community who will develop it. Thoughts?

Anyone trying/succeeded/failed credit card payments?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

29 June 2009 at 5:41pm

DPS CreditCard payment works fine for me on my 3 ecommerce sites. Using latest build of ecommerce and latest build of payments.

What errors are you getting?

kcd

Community Member, 54 Posts

29 June 2009 at 5:54pm

Thanks Will.

I'm not getting errors I was just trawling the forum which obviously highlights problems rather than successful cases. My challenge is I don't have time for development. This is pre-emptive research because I don't want to choose a payment gateway that I cannot get working.

I had a lot of problems getting e-commerce working (without the payments). Nothing huge but every piece of custom code limits your ability to upgrade seamlessly in future. Let along the cost.

Look forward to more stories of success with e-commerce because SilverStripe is great when it works.

RW

Community Member, 6 Posts

2 July 2009 at 2:10pm

Hi Will

Could you please link your 3 e-commerce sites with DPS payment (URL)? I am wondering if I can browser some success examples by using the existing e-commerce module.

Thank you.