Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Payment module work without Ecommerce?

Go to End

11 Posts   4850 Views

motoservo

Community Member, 27 Posts

13 July 2009 at 12:23pm

Edited: 13/07/2009 12:35pm

Has anyone has any luck setting up the Payment module without Ecommerce? I know that is why it was separated but I'm not quite sure how to set it up and use it. I'm currently getting an error:

[User Error] Uncaught Exception: Object->__call(): the method 'order' does not exist on 'PayPalPayment'

so, since I'm not seeing any methods called "order" defined in Payment, or PayPalPayment, I'm not sure it can be used independently, yet.

If anyone can share tips, suggestions, or general wisdom on the issue I'd appreciate it.

Jedateach

Forum Moderator, 238 Posts

14 July 2009 at 3:51pm

Edited: 14/07/2009 3:58pm

Payment module was taken out of ecommerce, but it wasn't done thoroughly, and therefore has bits of e-commerce dependent code in some places.

One particular issue is the payment types that redirect the user to another site, and back again, don't handle the redirect back properly. They still assume there is a $payment->redirectToOrder(); method available. I'm currently attempting to implement a PaystationPayment method.

Redirect handlers should be standardised for all payments that require them.

Jedateach

14 July 2009 at 4:34pm

Here's a patch I made to fix the issue: http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/4387

Jedateach

16 July 2009 at 2:12pm

Argh, I realised this patch won't work.

motoservo

Community Member, 27 Posts

16 July 2009 at 8:05pm

I found the stuff that was order specific and commented it out. I was able to get as far as the automatic redirect to Paypal but I stopped there for now because the PP account isn't completely enabled yet. I'll be watching for that patch, if you manage to get it working.

le_banana

Community Member, 21 Posts

17 July 2009 at 3:04am

Why there is so many problems with PayPalPayment in ecommerce beta 0.6 ?

Does anybody have this module working ?

I've tried to find an answer on this forum about an error from first post (i've got the same :-) ) , but i didn't find anything.

If somebody find a solution, it would be great. I need to implement this Payment as fast as possible, but I stuck for 3 days .

I need your help :)

le_banana

Community Member, 21 Posts

20 July 2009 at 8:59pm

So , Is that means, that nobody can help me with PayPalPayment?

Jedateach

20 July 2009 at 9:53pm

Edited: 20/07/2009 9:55pm

le_banana:

Ecommerce has so many problems because it is still in beta. E-commerce and Payment modules have little development activity. It may be soely up to the SilverStripe community to produce patches / new versions of the modules.

Another issue that is causing problems is the fact that Payment related code was seperated out into its own seperate module. Some payment methods still need to be updated to work properly with the e-commerce module. Infact the payment module needs to be abstracted properly.
I've written about this issue here: http://groups.google.com/group/silverstripe-ecommerce/browse_thread/thread/aa1055a7c565e22

E-commerce tickets: http://open.silverstripe.com/report/20

Go to Top