Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Product Names not being displayed on Checkout page

Go to End

6 Posts   1864 Views

vamsee007

Community Member, 4 Posts

3 August 2009 at 1:41pm

Hi, I have installed the latest version of Silverstripe 2.3.2 and E-Commerce module 0.5.2
I have a problem on the Checkout page. When the Product is added to the cart and checkout option is pressed, the Product name is not being displayed, and eventually when the purchase is made (Cheque is the only option), the email gets sent out without any product name details.

Try here
http://www.advancediagnostics.co.nz/cms/

Has any one faced this issue in the past? Any resolutions or suggestions would be very helpful.

Thank you

vamsee007

3 August 2009 at 1:44pm

From the above - I also would like to remove the Country option on the check out process, or make it as Static to New Zealand only, since I am not going to use any other country, can anyone suggest on how this is possible?

Thank you v much.

runnerman

Community Member, 24 Posts

4 August 2009 at 3:38am

Ecommerce version 0.5.2 is not compatible with the latest versions of silverstripe, so you will encounter a number of issues. I'm not sure if that is what is causing the product names to not be displayed in the checkout but it's probably not helping!

I'd suggest upgrading to a newer version (such as the current 0.6 beta 1, available here http://silverstripe.org/e-commerce-module-forum/show/262686#post262686) and starting from there. To have less trouble with the latest version I'd also suggest upgrading silverstripe to the latest version, available here http://www.silverstripe.org/assets/downloads/SilverStripe-v2.3.3-rc2.tar.gz

I hope this helps.

Note: If you upgrade to the 0.6 beta version of ecommerce, make sure you install the payments module available from the same location.

vamsee007

4 August 2009 at 9:42am

Thank you for the information, I will look into it tonight and come back to you. Once again thank you for the info.

vamsee007

4 August 2009 at 6:24pm

Thank you, that has worked now, however there is a problem with the template I am using (higherground), it does not display any products, as soon as I change the template to blackcandy, all works good.

Any reason ?

Does the new version not support the old templates ?

supermegaultra

Community Member, 33 Posts

3 December 2009 at 9:04am

What version of SilverStripe does eCommerce 0.5.1 beta work best with?

I'm having this same problem and I don't want to upgrade to the latest beta build of the eCommerce module, as the way the featured products and non-featured products are handled on parent pages is a real neucence.

Any thoughts?