Just a quick announcement to say I’ve tagged shop version 1.0.0.
Today isn’t a particularly special day. I’ve previously had some un-founded hesitation to tag releases. If there are any cons to releasing, I think they are outweighed by the pros. Whilst I think in my mind, and when I look at Travis CI / Scruitinizer logs, that the module is fairly stable, I know there’s always going to be something else wrong. That’s what 1.0.1 is for. By starting to tag/release more often, there will be reference points to see where your code is vs where the project is.
I also think the lack of a composer “stable” tag gives the perception that the module is unstable. The module is actually being used in production by some significant sites.
I like that SilverStripe core team has agreed to start using semantic versioning, and I hope that as a maintainer I can successfully do the same with the shop module.
Here’s the main improvements since 0.8 / 0.9:
* Upgraded to SilverStripe version 3.
* Switched from Payment module to Omnipay module.
* Single form and multi-step checkout system.
* Documentation has been updated.
* Many shop sub-modules have been developed and updated and improved in conjunction with this release. Check them out on the README: https://github.com/burnbright/silverstripe-shop/blob/master/README.md#add-on-sub-modules
Full change log here: https://github.com/burnbright/silverstripe-shop/blob/master/ChangeLog.md
I enjoy working on the shop module, with help from a bunch of talented and friendly developers. Thanks for all your support and contributions.