Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

SilverStripe Shop and Member Profile

Go to End

3 Posts   1457 Views

Bruce B

Community Member, 164 Posts

15 January 2015 at 4:00pm

I am extending a site that lists workshops to allow people to register and pay online using SS Shop. The client also wants a members-only area so I am using Member Profile for that. I have added address details to the basic member data.

How to I get SS Shop to read the extra fields created by Member Profile? Currently, it just picks up the name and email fields. The extra fields are added to MemberFormFields so should be accessible from SS Shop.

The site had a Workshop page already which I changed that so it extends Product rather than Page. That seems to be working well and is a good platform for additional changes.

helenclarko

Community Member, 166 Posts

16 January 2015 at 5:03pm

Hi Bruce,

You will need to line up the variable names in the Member Profiles add-on with the same variable names in SS Shop.

You will need to take a look at the .php files for both member signup/edit pages.

I personnally have not worked with SS Shop, but you should be able to see what is being saved to MySQL and work with that.

Regards,
-helenclarko

Bruce B

Community Member, 164 Posts

30 January 2015 at 1:17pm

Thanks again Helen for your quick response.

I had attempted to align the field names but maybe I missed something. I have removed this module for now as it caused major problems when I tried migrating to a test server - dev/build attempted to create a whole stack of new, mostly german, field names before failing with a duplicated field error.

I'll try again later once I have ss-shop working satisfactorily.

cheers
Bruce