Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Form Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Form Placement

Go to End

4 Posts   1581 Views

Eurisko

Community Member, 27 Posts

30 July 2015 at 10:45pm

Hi

I've created all the working parts to a form that works fine and sends me an email when someone fills it in.

It looks like the only way to include the form is by calling it's name from within the .ss file for the page ($ContactForm). Is there no way I can display the form where I like in the page, within some other elements, using the wysiwyg editor in the admin?

As I'm sure is the norm. My site is set up so that there's no real content in the .ss file. That comes from the user in the admin section. My user want's to be able to place the contact forms where he likes.

Thanks

Pyromanik

Community Member, 419 Posts

31 July 2015 at 11:45pm

This is not the norm.
But you can see how the UserForms module makes it happen and copy that. It's quite simple.

Eurisko

Community Member, 27 Posts

1 August 2015 at 12:17am

Hi Pyromanik.

Thanks for the response. If it's not the norm why bother having the content management system. I thought that was the whole idea. So the user could modify content without delving into the files.

Thanks

Pyromanik

Community Member, 419 Posts

3 August 2015 at 10:10pm

The user can edit the content, not the layout.

A developer can alter the behaviour if need be, quite easily. But it's beyond the scope of the default CMS.