Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Form Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Search Form Results - Where is the Styling from?

Go to End

2 Posts   1646 Views

BigChris

Community Member, 63 Posts

13 January 2010 at 12:05am

Hello,

I set up a new theme based on Blackcandy. Everything is ok except for the Search Results. The code for black candy search form (the search bar at the top) was copied.

The results return fine. But there is a serious problem with the Styling of the Navigation menu. For some reason I cant fathom out the Navigation Menu is picking up an old ID Tag for the div. All of the .ss templates have been changed and it is only the search results page which is weird.

Any ideas where it could be picking it up from?

I have checked the Page_Results.ss but that is an include and does not have the menu in it. All .ss files for the theme have been looked at. It is almost as though the Results page is somehow cached. I even renamed the Navigation.ss to be Navigation2.ss so that it could not pick up the menu and it loaded an old one.

Numerous /dev/builds and ?flush=1 have been carried out. This is SilverStripe verison 2.3.4 running on WAMP 2.0 on Windows xp. I have also cleared the cache on Firefox, but opened it on other browsers that had not been used on the site before and no joy.

Is there away to flush the search results?

I am clutching at straws now.

Regards
Chris

BigChris

Community Member, 63 Posts

14 January 2010 at 11:59pm

Solved it.

I figured out it was the includes that were being cached. i thought a ?flush=1 solved that. Later I stumbled across ?flush=all which clears all caches and fixed the problem.