Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Form Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Viewing data entered in custom forms

Go to End

3 Posts   2067 Views

wedwo

Community Member, 7 Posts

21 January 2010 at 6:13pm

Apologies for the noob question. I have the custom form module to create whizbang custom forms but wondered how one would make that data useful by displaying it in the CMS - either in a grid or other format. Is there a module that I can use to bind existing data to controls on a form? Or is this something best left to a php guru?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

22 January 2010 at 4:41pm

Have you seen the userforms extension? For that I wanted to make it a grid but the issue is with the custom length of forms its a wee bit hard to get it right. Currently it just lists all the submissions and all the fields in 1 big dump, not ideal but it works for now. If you want to see how it does it have a look at the templates. Still debating with myself over a nicer reports view I was thinking maybe even a ModelAdmin interface.

wedwo

Community Member, 7 Posts

22 January 2010 at 7:49pm

Cool, thanks I'll take a look and comment. Perhaps I can potter with the templates. I think I really should get into php sometime whichever way.