Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Form Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

UserForms validation error + Upload field missing

Go to End

6 Posts   2345 Views

quanto

Community Member, 91 Posts

18 January 2016 at 11:07pm

(copy of http://www.silverstripe.org/community/forums/all-other-modules/show/111545)

Hi,

I just updated Silverstripe from 3.0.5 to 3.2.1. Everything works allright, but the userforms plugin. It has two (or maybe 3) errors:

* The frontend shows the error "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'settings' of undefined" on jquery.validate.min.js in my element inspector
* The datepicker doesn't get showed, i think because of this javascript error

* The File upload field is missing in the backend. I can not select this option when i'm adding a field.

* I tried the most recent master built, and also the stable releases 3.1.0 and 3.0

Thanks in advance!

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

18 January 2016 at 11:38pm

Hi quanto,

Are you familiar with composer? If so have you installed this module using composer or checked it's json content?

quanto

19 January 2016 at 1:25am

Hi swaiba,

Thanks for your answer. I updated the userform just by downloading the code from git and uploaded it to my server using FTP (and flushed the db after that several times).

Grtz Rienco

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

19 January 2016 at 1:27am

So I would advise you learn composer and only install modules using that. If you cannot on the server then at least you can on your local host.

quanto

19 January 2016 at 1:33am

Will that be the solution to my problem?

Alpha41

Community Member, 3 Posts

22 March 2017 at 5:17am

I'm guessing this issue for you quanto has either been resolved or you have moved on?

Nevertheless, for anyone landing on this question with the same issue, you will need to install the 'secureassets' module for the UploadField to become available within the CMS Form Builder. This is security precaution for all versions of Userforms from version 3.0.0 Final.

See below for reference:
https://www.silverstripe.org/download/security-releases/ss-2015-018/