Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Form Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

User Defined Form Not Sending E-mails

Go to End

7 Posts   3777 Views

benedictporter

Community Member, 16 Posts

25 January 2009 at 12:55pm

Hi guys,

I have been working on a site that is hosted/based in the USA and I have set up a simple contact form for the client. When I test the form from home - in NZ - we receive the form submission in our various inboxes as expected.

However, when the client or their customers try and use - all of which are in the USA - the form it doesn't work/send and no-one receives anything - although the info appears in the Submissions tab in the CMS.

Does anyone have any ideas as what might be causing this or how I might go about finding out what is going on?

Thanks.

Big Bang Creative

Community Member, 92 Posts

17 February 2009 at 11:41pm

This sometimes happens when you send mail from the same domain as the website.

mdm

Community Member, 19 Posts

19 February 2009 at 11:14pm

I have simillar problem but I belive its due to that the server my official version is on dont allow sending like the script is set up to do.
I see the maisl in CMS admin but no mails go away to the address i typed in.

A choice to use another server would be grate to have in a setting panel for the entire CMS so all forms use this server and not localhost.

Any ideas on in what file I can edit this manually so it will work with an SMT instead of jsut , what im guessing, localhost?

mdm

22 February 2009 at 8:49am

I have tested sending to another address not on the domain and its not working.
Is this forum alive? Looks like a prolbem not only 1 person got :(

I see the mails in the admin panel but nothing is sent to the address that shall recive them.
Fix for this soon??????

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

23 February 2009 at 1:20am

Do you have access to the maillog on the server? So you could check if the server has even tried to send mail and if some error did occur?

Your php settings might be incorrect as well - some servers don't use sendmail for instance...

There's also the fact that some providers are far more strict in checking the validity of the sender: I have 3: one that accepts almost anything (none-existing dns- and webserver domain) as long as the sender's email-address domain exists, one that checks against the server domain even if the senders domain is nonsence, and one that exepts almost nothing...

Did I forget anything? So this is not necessarily a Silverstripe thing...

mdm

25 February 2009 at 10:38am

Edited: 25/02/2009 10:39am

Hello.

I choose the hoster due to that they are so good to acceppt my needs and everything is in check and its sending mail when I add my own example info@casadomedia.se - and sendmail is running.

the website is on www.atten4.se and when i add mail like info@atten4.se it wont send but if i putt my own e-mail address that is on another domain, casadomedia.se , it works perfectly.

The fact that reports come in from others that sending from and to same domain not work is a bug that is within SS.

allanaa

Community Member, 10 Posts

28 February 2009 at 8:17am

I'm currently having the same problem. It shows up in the CMS that there was a submission, but I do not receive any of the emails.

Has anyone had any luck trying to get this working?