Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Form Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Form not emailing the email field

Go to End

6 Posts   1989 Views

michellekoen

Community Member, 3 Posts

17 March 2009 at 3:32pm

Hi,
I've created several user-defined forms and have an email field for users to add their email address. The form IS SENDING but when I receive it, it does not display the email address. I can view the email address in the CMS. All other fields both display in the CMS submissions area and the email it generates.

Can you please tell me how I can get the email address which is entered in the form to display in the email the form generates.

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

17 March 2009 at 9:04pm

That is odd. This works for me with version 2.3.0 and the latest User Defined Forms module..

What does not work however, is the "send a copy of submission to this email-address" option in the email-field.

Would you mind confirming that bug so I can open a ticket ?

michellekoen

18 March 2009 at 12:01pm

RESOLVED:
Deleted the form and re-did it and now it works fine. Go Figure.

Fuzz
As for your problem with the copy not going to the email address, this works fine for me.

Fuzz10

18 March 2009 at 8:52pm

Thanks for testing... Are you sure we tested the same thing ?

So the person filling in the form receives the mail as well ? I've been testing this on multiple installs , but I can't get that to work. The administrators-mail (filled in at the bottom of the form) _does_ get the mail but the user itself does not .......

michellekoen

19 March 2009 at 11:39am

Hi Fuzz,
Yep, the person who fills out the form is receiving an email as well as the admin.
Sorry, I can't back up your problem.
M

Fuzz10

19 March 2009 at 8:27pm

Alrighty, thanks again !