Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Form Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Fatal error: Call to a member function Name() on a non-object in ..../sapphire/forms/FieldSet.php on line 393

Go to End

30 Posts   15732 Views

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

7 May 2009 at 8:53am

Hi Briohny,

Have you tried downloading and updating the site files from a different PC/Mac?

I would try Download userforms-0.1 archive from ss and Install using my steps above. This would at least rule out some sort of common caching problem that we both might have. (If it doesn't work).

Failing that, do a code search in your directory for "EditableMultipleOptionField" and report back on what and where you find it.

Other than that, this is looking more and more like some sort of SS caching issue. But as I say above, I really can't pinpoint the solution for me except for what I posted.

Cheers
Aaron

Briohny

Community Member, 199 Posts

7 May 2009 at 7:22pm

Hey Aaron,

No I haven't tried a different computer yet. I just can't figure it out. I have lots of other sites running off the same WAMP server on my computer and they are still all ok for inserting dropdown menus. So does that discount a caching problem?

I did a search on EditableMultipleOptionField but the results produced nothing. Could it be something with my database since that's about the only thing that i haven't replaced. I would hate to have to start from scratch and build my site database from the beginning.

Maybe a file was changed when i installed the trunk version of userforms. I regret doing it now... it's caused nothing but frustration. Ahhhhhh!! I've spent HOURS trying to sort and am nearly ready to give up. :(

Double-A-Ron

7 May 2009 at 7:35pm

Hi Briohny,

I know the feeling. My boss came very close to moving to another CMS over the same problem. Somehow, it worked out.

The other thing I did on the WAMP machine was do a complete File Cleanup using the windows tool, Making sure I deleted temporary files too.

Shot in the dark, but give that a try. Then reinstall userforms 0.1.

Aaron

Briohny

7 May 2009 at 7:41pm

Yeah tried that too! No luck unfortunately. I'm stumped. I'm going to try and re-install onto another server and see what happens. I'll be in touch!

Briohny

8 May 2009 at 7:41am

Hey Aaron,

So i re-installed onto a live server and transferred all my files and database across - SUCCESS!! Can't tell you how relieved I was. Still not functioning properly on the local WAMP - still have no idea what is going on there. But at least the live version is all ok.

Cheers for all your help.

Briohny

Double-A-Ron

13 May 2009 at 8:57pm

Edited: 13/05/2009 8:59pm

Weird. Perhaps this is some sort of caching issue with WAMP? Yet I was having the same issue on a *NIX server too.

Glad you got it sorted too.

Aaron

Go to Top