Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We're retiring the forums!

The SilverStripe forums have passed their heyday. They'll stick around, but will be read only. We'd encourage you to get involved in the community via the following channels instead:

Form Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SearchForm - Ä, Ö and other chars...

Go to End

4 Posts   2071 Views


Community Member, 18 Posts

30 April 2009 at 10:07pm

Edited: 30/04/2009 10:08pm


i updated to SilverStripe 2.3.1. und added the searchForm Script. But when i type in letters like "ä", "ö" and also "Č" and stuff like this - only works in Headlines ... the main text will not be searched.

Any ideas? Please would be very importand... it must have something to do with the chars allowed - but strangly headlines work (for example when i search for "Ankündigungen" it works... when i search for "Höhne" it does not...because "Höhne" appears only in the text)


Community Member, 18 Posts

8 May 2009 at 11:39pm

nobody an idea? ... it's pretty important...


Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

11 May 2009 at 8:53pm

TinyMCE converts common unicode characters which can be represented in HTML entities, amongst them all umlauts. So when saving anything through TinyMCE to the database, you'll get "ä" instead of "ä". There's a pretty simple patch if you want to mess with your installation: - this of course only works for newly saved (or re-saved) content, you'd have to run a search/replace through your existing records to clean up all HTML entities.

I'm not sure if this patch is fit for core, we'll discuss this for the 2.4 release at earliest. The alternative is basically using the same TinyMCE logic to transform search queries to HTML entities as well, which would be more backwards compatible.


Community Member, 18 Posts

11 May 2009 at 9:01pm

yeah thanks ingo... this actually solved my problem - I found this post myself few days ago. and had to republish all content pages. hope this will fixed in 2.4 - in the same way. (please include this patch, so i don't have to do i different again .. ;)

thank you for reply.