Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Blank page for forum

Go to End

5 Posts   3164 Views

mejobloggs

Community Member, 11 Posts

18 January 2010 at 8:06pm

Not quite sure how to use this, but I've installed it, created a ForumHolder with a Forum underneath. I then created 2 categories in that forum

If I go to the Forum it's just a blank page... How do I get it to work?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

21 January 2010 at 12:24pm

Please provide some more details? what versions are you running. If you create a forum and then no categories do you still get a white page.

Make sure you have display_errors turned to on in your php ini file and dev mode enabled to have the actual error.

TDNP

Community Member, 19 Posts

24 February 2011 at 10:41am

I am having this issue as well but there is no error. It simply does not generate any content for the page. I am simply working with the default. I downloaded and installed modules_forum_branches_0.3-r116457.zip and ran /dev/build?flush=1. Seemed to work fine as in the CMS I now have Forum and ForumHolder as options and there was a Forum page there. I left those intact.

When I visit the "Forums" page I get "Welcome to SilverStripe Forum Module! This is the default ForumHolder page. You can now add forums." There is a forum labeled "General Discussion." When I click on this forum I get "Welcome to SilverStripe Forum Module! This is the default Forum page. You can now add topics."

I created a Test Category and reloaded the page but the same message is all I get.

Attached Files
Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

24 February 2011 at 8:21pm

Is that page using the Forum.ss template (since it'll have all the forum code). You can check by putting some debug code in Forum.ss and see if it comes out.

Perhaps try forum trunk. 0.3 is quite old now and trunk has a number of improvements.

TDNP

Community Member, 19 Posts

25 February 2011 at 1:01pm

I downloaded the trunk and for some reason that didn't work. I basically deleted everything and started over. Added the forum before running the site/install and everything is working. I must have changed something along the way that was creating a problem.

Thanks for everything Will.