Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Question on 0.3 and new features

Go to End

4 Posts   1560 Views

mattclegg

Community Member, 56 Posts

23 June 2010 at 11:26pm

Hi Willr,

Firstly, great work on the Forum Module. I've heard some people call it a hack, but it meets an important need for many websites. Are there anyplans in the future to implement a feature similar to 'Facebook like' or 'reddit upvote' to individual posts or threads? As I think this would be a great improvement to any web community.

And, does the latest 0.3 (trunk) work correctly with multipul forum holders at different sub URLS? IE using a site tree containing the pages;
website.com/topic/category/ForumHolder
website.com/topic/categorys/anothercategory/what_anothercategery/yes_anothercategory/goshthatsalongurl/ForumHolder

Matt

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

25 June 2010 at 3:17am

'Liking' or voting threads isn't on the horizon but I'm happy to help anyone who wants to implement such a thing.

You can only have Forum Holder -> Category -> Forum. I wouldn't think nested forum holders work.

Most of the issues with the current forum will be fixed for the 1.0 release. Aim is to give forum a solid, robust platform to which extend later on the current forum has some things thats always annoyed people.

WalterW

Community Member, 18 Posts

13 July 2010 at 9:50pm

The new version is not working with our MySQL server. Using dev/build, we get errors in Forum.php line 67

"SELECT * FROM \"Permission\" WHERE \"GroupID\" = '$forumGroup->ID' AND \"Code\" LIKE '$code'")

This is a wrong code for our MySqlServer, he does not like the " around Permission, GroupId and Code.
If I change the statement to

"SELECT * FROM Permission WHERE GroupID = '$forumGroup->ID' AND Code LIKE '$code'")

/dev/build is working

But I think the quotes are necessary for PostgreSQL etc.
Have we to change some setting of our MySQL-Server?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

13 July 2010 at 9:59pm

@WalterW - Do you get errors from the site in general about the query escaping (we use it throughout sapphire so it would be strange that it only complained about the quotes in the forum). Note for that to work you'll have to be using SS 2.4