Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Forum Not Showing - UNRESOLVED

Go to End

11 Posts   3029 Views

bsandall

Community Member, 7 Posts

18 August 2010 at 10:51pm

Edited: 19/08/2010 11:13pm

Good Morning

I'm setting up my Silverstripe site to use the forum module. I've added a ForumHolder page called "Forum" and underneath this is a Forum page called "Getting Started". When previewing the site I can see the Getting Started page however there isn't the forum panel to read or add new topics, the page is blank.

I must be doing something wrong but can work out what. If you need any more details please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Ben

Update - When installing the module do you need to move the template folder anywhere? I'll I did was extract the module into a folder called "forum" copy this to the root of my webserver and then rebuild the database. I didn't copy any folders/files on the webserver.

MarkAB

Community Member, 30 Posts

19 August 2010 at 12:48am

Did you publish the actual Forum Holder page as well as the "Getting Started" page?

bsandall

19 August 2010 at 1:00am

Mark

Thanks for your reply. Yes in the CMS both pages have been published - in the bottom right they have an "unpublish" option.

Regards

Ben

MarkAB

19 August 2010 at 1:29am

Is there any chance of uploading a screen shot?

bsandall

19 August 2010 at 1:36am

Mark

Please find attached a screen shot which shows the published site and the CMS. Any other questions please let me know.

Regards

Ben

Attached Files
bsandall

20 August 2010 at 10:52pm

It seems that the forum layout isn't being included. When installing the forum module and going to the forum page the wording on the page is - "Welcome to SilverStripe Forum Module! This is the default Forum page. You can now add topics." I understand that this is the default text but it isn't within a forum template to allow topic to be added.

I'd really like to use SS and the Forums module but need to overcome this issue a soon as possible.

I'd be very grateful for any help.

Regards

Bem

MarkAB

21 August 2010 at 12:06am

Edited: 21/08/2010 12:14am

Have you checked the Access tab for the Forum page? Is there any difference if you select "Anyone" on the "Who can view this page?" section?

bsandall

21 August 2010 at 12:19am

Mark

Thanks for your reply. There isn't any difference, the layout still isn't displayed.

Regards

Ben

Go to Top