Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Reply Link Missing...

Go to End

11 Posts   3355 Views

MarkAB

Community Member, 30 Posts

2 August 2010 at 6:54am

Hi,

I've searched the forums & can't seem to find any answers, basically the "Reply" link doesn't appear on my forum threads. Does anyone know how I can solve this please?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

2 August 2010 at 12:00pm

You will not see a reply link if you do not have permission to post. By default you will have to be logged in to see the button.

Or if you have specified that a forum is readonly or limited to a particular group which you are not part of then you won't see a reply button.

MarkAB

2 August 2010 at 1:23pm

Edited: 02/08/2010 1:31pm

Thanks for the reply although I've logged in as forum admin (I've even tried logging in using another test member account), none of the forums are set to read only but the reply button still does not appear.

Thanks again for any help!!

**Edit: I've attached a screen shot which shows me as logged in to a topic that isn't read only.

Attached Files
Willr

2 August 2010 at 6:15pm

Which version of the forum are you using? If you are using trunk you need to debug through ForumThread::canCreate() function to see why thats failing. If you're using 0.3 or earlier I think you need to look through the CheckForumPermission() function in ForumHolder.php to see why its failing. Or you can remove the <% if CheckForumPermission %> from the Forum_show.ss file so that it ignores the permission. Though I would debug through the function first to see if you can work out why its returning false.

MarkAB

3 August 2010 at 1:58am

Hi Willr,

I'm using version v0.3.0. I removed the <% if CheckForumPermission %> reference but that made it throw up a white page error when I tried viewing any post, so I replaced it, flushed and I'm back with the same problem of not having the reply button appear. It may be me but I can't find any reference to CheckForumPermission() function in the ForumHolder.php file, it is the one in the "code" folder right?

Willr

3 August 2010 at 6:23pm

<% if CheckForumPermission %> reference but that made it throw up a white page error when I tried viewing any post

You did remove the corresponding <% end_if %> as well?

Sorry got the file wrong. Its Forum.php which has that function in 0.3 - http://open.silverstripe.org/browser/modules/forum/branches/0.3/code/Forum.php#L375.

MarkAB

4 August 2010 at 1:44am

You did remove the corresponding <% end_if %> as well?

Doh!! I have now and the Reply button is now appearing, although if i click it, it doesn't display the reply form on the page. It does display the reply page (http://www.mysite.com/forum/reply/2) though.

Any further help would be great!!

MarkAB

7 August 2010 at 2:51am

Can anyone help me out with the reply form not appearing please??

Go to Top