Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

No longer login as Admin...

Go to End

6 Posts   1704 Views

MarkAB

Community Member, 30 Posts

2 August 2010 at 5:09am

Hi,

Hopefully someone could help me with this one. I installed the latest version of the forum module on a site which also uses the latest version of the SilverStripe software. I logged in using my Admin email & password, everything was working fine, I was able to create new forums, categories etc.

I then decided to register myself as a "standard" member (non admin) of the forum to test things out, I used a different email address to register this account and again everything worked fine I was able to start threads etc.

I then logged out of this account to see what options I had within the cms regarding new forum users. At this point I can now no longer login as Admin (within the main CMS), I get the error message...

"That doesn't seem to be the right e-mail address or password. Please try again."

I've retried over & over but it still wont let me log back in & so I am unable to access the CMS to continue to work on the site. I've tried deleting the cache, using other browsers etc but nothing seems to work & I get the same error message each time.

Please help!!

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

2 August 2010 at 12:04pm

You can hard code a replacement admin in your _config file using Security::setDefaultAdmin('admin', 'password'); Then login with those details.

A bunch of things could of happened. I think the registration may have seen that you were already logged in and changed the logged in member to that email and permissions, removing your admin.

The member registration functionality is going to be overhauled very shortly but if you can reproduce the error steps again please let me know.

MarkAB

2 August 2010 at 1:37pm

I tried your suggestion, but it seems that any time I edit the _config file it causes the site to not display at all, I get a page not found error. The only thing that solved both of these problems was to re-run the install script. As I say it now allows me to login again using my original admin details, but I have to go through this process every time I edit anything in the config file. :/

Thanks.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

3 August 2010 at 6:20pm

I tried your suggestion, but it seems that any time I edit the _config file it causes the site to not display at all

Putting 1 line in your _config shouldn't break the whole thing. Do you have the error that it generated (check your php error log). Make sure its just before the end of the file (before the ?> if it exists)

MarkAB

4 August 2010 at 3:24am

The error I get when adding anything to the mysite/_config file is "The page isn't redirecting properly - Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete".

I've also just now got this error when adding my API info to the file for the Flickr module. Again the only way I can find to get to any part of the site again is to re-run the install, which solves it but also removes the the changes I made to the file (in this instance the Flickr API info).

Strange!!

marsb

Community Member, 1 Post

11 August 2010 at 11:17pm

Hi,

you are not alone, this happened to me also when I was logged in as admin then tried to register myself on the forum for testing the whole thing dropped out. I am not an engineer just a designer so I had to call them up and they reset everything but like you say it lost all the changes ! The guys thought I had broken it but now I see that I am not alone !

weird indeed !