Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

change target blank to window.open

Go to End

3 Posts   1452 Views

Win-Track

Community Member, 4 Posts

24 October 2010 at 2:52pm

I'm a newbee and this is probably the last thing that should be my first post;-) So much to learn!

I am very impressed with SilverStripe so far. One thing that really impresses me is the amount of valid code!

One place in the forum module puts out invalid code and I think it would be a trivial fix if I knew where to change the code. Perhaps there is a good reason for using a target _blank but i was wondering if it could instead use "onclick=window.open(this.href); return false;"

Is that a simple fix? Could someone tell me how to do it?

Thanks,
Wade

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

24 October 2010 at 4:46pm

I had a look at the module the the only place I could find it is in the sign up form

Allow <a href='http://www.gravatar.com/' target='_blank'>Gravatars</a>

You can find that code (at least in trunk) in forum/code/ForumHolder.php line 80 and Forum.php line 223 but both of those locations are code for the backend. Where on the front end is it outputting the target code?

Win-Track

Community Member, 4 Posts

24 October 2010 at 5:19pm

Argg!!! SORRY, had my head in the forum module but it is actually in the content field of a page. Will repost.

Wade