Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Forum Installation Failure using MSSQL2008

Go to End

5 Posts   2142 Views

GetCarter68

Community Member, 3 Posts

6 April 2011 at 9:01pm

I am trying to install the latest forum module release (0.3.1), though have also tried 0.3.0 but it fails with this when running dev/build:

[User Error] Couldn't run query (42S22, 1911, [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Column name 'fulltext (Title' does not exist in the target table or view.): IF EXISTS (SELECT name FROM sys.indexes WHERE name = 'ix_Post_SearchFields') DROP INDEX ix_Post_SearchFields ON "Post"; CREATE INDEX ix_Post_SearchFields ON "Post" ("fulltext (Title","Content");: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Column name 'fulltext (Title' does not exist in the target table or view.

My environment is W2K8R2 and MSSQL 2008R2. I am also runnin on the latest version of the CMS 2.4.5 with the mssql module installed and working.

Does anyone know how to fix this please? Thanks.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

7 April 2011 at 11:45am

Edited: 07/04/2011 11:46am

Hi,

Please try the latest master release. That has a number of cross db improvements. I haven't tested the older releases on MSSQL or Postgres that much recently.

https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-forum

GetCarter68

9 April 2011 at 4:03am

Thanks for the quick reply.

However I have tried 0.3.1 and this is the same error as reported earlier.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

10 April 2011 at 12:36am

FYI 0.3.1 is not the latest master. On that github link it would be under 'master'.

GetCarter68

11 April 2011 at 7:35pm

Edited: 11/04/2011 7:36pm

Thanks Willr, sorry when the popup came up I though the top of the list was the latest, but it was actually the download.zip button above that I should of used. New to the site, will know next time!

All working now and thanks a lot for your help