Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

I am A Newbie and Need Basic Help

Go to End

3 Posts   1816 Views

MiamiMitch

Community Member, 2 Posts

22 April 2011 at 11:07am

Hi,

I recently switched to Silverstripe and I have the forum installed and it's working but there doesn't seem to be any kind of admin control panel like you find out of the box with every other forum software I have used like PhpBB, Xenforo, VBulletin, etc. where I can create user groups, give different users and groups different privledges and access levels etc.
AM I totally missing something or does this Forum software not have that?
For example everyone including me is called a "Community Member" when I have on my main site, Admins, Content authors, Premium Members and community members, each of which should have their own set of privledges and access.
If this isn't out of the box, is there a place you can recomend for customization?

Thanks,

Mitch

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

22 April 2011 at 5:14pm

The forum uses the same method as the rest of SilverStripe for controlling access groups. If you login and select the forum holder (or the individual forum) you can set in the access tab who can view, post to each forum.

MiamiMitch

Community Member, 2 Posts

22 April 2011 at 11:44pm

Thanks for the response, not what I wanted to hear as it makes integrating a sub domain using a different copy of Silverstripe unable to be a separate user group which is what I would need it to do.
Anyone know a good programmer who can take this thing apart and rebuild it in a way that works in a practical way like other forums? I am really having a hard time finding people willing to work in silverstripe for my tech work.