Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Forum module, Silverstripe 3, and InnoDB

Go to End

5 Posts   2292 Views

HansR

Community Member, 141 Posts

29 November 2011 at 5:48pm

I tried to use the Forum module with the latest Silverstripe 3 alpha, but the build failed because InnoDB doesn't support full-text search (until MySQL 5.6). I'm not in a position to upgrade the database, so is there a way to switch to MyISAM for just the Post class?

Or, is there another method to get it to not use the "fulltext" option without modifying the module's code directly? If I use a different search engine, then it wouldn't be needed anyway.

Hans

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

29 November 2011 at 7:34pm

You'll likely run into some issues with all the modules and 3.0. I'm holding off working on them till the 3.0 beta is out and API's stable so you'll likely run into a number of things that have been deprecated.

You can try set the engine via the create_table_options..

Object::add_static_var('Post', 'create_table_options', array('MySQLDatabase' => 'ENGINE=MyISAM'), true);

HansR

Community Member, 141 Posts

1 December 2011 at 3:54pm

@Willr

Thanks. I haven't had a chance to try out your suggestion yet, but it looks like it should work.

You'll likely run into some issues with all the modules and 3.0. I'm holding off working on them till the 3.0 beta is out and API's stable so you'll likely run into a number of things that have been deprecated.
Will the 3.0 beta be out soon? I realise that no definite timeline was given, but a vague idea would be helpful.

Given that the API is still unstable, would submitting patches for modules be a waste of time? Some of the modules don't need much work to get them going.

Hans

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

1 December 2011 at 5:15pm

Submit patches to the module, what each author does it up to them.

SS3.0 alpha is due early next year, I would suggest a beta a few weeks after that so you're looking at a couple months till everything settles down a bit.

Tim99

Community Member, 10 Posts

22 February 2012 at 11:16am

Any news on this topic? I'm very interested in using Silverstripe for my project. However, I really want to use 3.0 if possible and I need forum and wiki to be included. Is there any chance that this will work? Cheers, Tim.