Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

* Solved* cannot post on forum module

Go to End

11 Posts   4236 Views

skilondon

Community Member, 2 Posts

25 March 2009 at 11:19pm

Edited: 02/04/2009 11:04am

Hello,
I am just setting up my first site with SS and have installed the forum module however I am having a problem posting topics.
Forums module has installed fine with no obvious errors.

I have logged in as site administrator and am trying to post a new topic but when I click on the "new topic"link I get taken back to the login page with the following message

"I'm sorry, but you can't post to this forum until you've logged in. If you want to log in as someone else, do so below. If you're logged in and you still can't post, you don't have the correct permissions to post."

I have tried:
- Registering a new user via forum link
- making user a forum admin
- giving user specific access in security

Am I missing something or is this a bug?
A search of the forums shows nothing similar.

Thanks in advance for any help

skilondon

2 April 2009 at 11:04am

I have resolved this issue, there is no problem with the forum module it was in fact an issue with the template I was using.

mwalsh

Community Member, 21 Posts

4 April 2009 at 5:15am

Hi,

I've hit upon this exact same problem.

Do you know what the problem was with your particular template?

Thanks

qstar

Community Member, 1 Post

7 April 2009 at 11:22am

Hi, me too! any clues to the solution would be greatly appreciated. My problem occurs with the 'higherground' theme.

Thanks.

mwalsh

17 April 2009 at 12:55am

I've still got this problem and I wish I could resolve it. I've tried updating to the latest SVN trunk version, but I still get the same issue. Even logging in as the administrator hitting the "start a new topic" link takes me to the log-in page and displays this message:

"I'm sorry, but you can't post to this forum until you've logged in. If you want to log in as someone else, do so below. If you're logged in and you still can't post, you don't have the correct permissions to post."

Saladin

10 November 2009 at 7:31am

well if it is solved i can't seem to find how to get it working ... what in template was not working? and what template it was.. and HOW do i get it to work.. kinda important to get working:)

mwalsh

10 November 2009 at 9:09am

I wish I could be of more help, I never managed to get this issue resolved myself. I was running SilverStripe locally on WAMP so perhaps that was to blame.

shapeg

Community Member, 4 Posts

12 January 2010 at 6:31am

I have the same problem and would love to know the fix.

Go to Top