Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Forum and Mollom

Go to End

12 Posts   4043 Views

baba-papa

Community Member, 279 Posts

1 May 2009 at 5:53am

I installed the mollom and spamprotection module to provide captchas to the forum registration. To specify which fields should be checked for spam, the method $protecter->setFieldMapping should be called and passed as arguments the names of the fields. The thing is: the forum registration form fields are created dynamically. Any hint what to do?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

8 May 2009 at 8:50pm

The forum module is covered automatically with the mollom module. You might have to use a daily build to get this functionality but it should already be in the module code

baba-papa

9 May 2009 at 12:47am

Tanks 4 your post, willr. I installed spam protection and mollom twice but it doesn´t work. Are there any serversettings, that could stop the delivery of captchas from the mollom server?

Willr

9 May 2009 at 11:38am

Have you got a valid API key for mollom - you can check if it is working by entering spam / spam / spam in a PageComment form. That should return a captcha field rather then posting the comment

baba-papa

9 May 2009 at 5:16pm

I tried that but didn´t get any captcha and the comment was published. When I go to report in the backend I get an error loading page. I have valid API keys for my site.
When I developed offline on MAMP mollom worked fine. Since I moved my project to a live server mollom doesn´t work any more.

Willr

9 May 2009 at 10:50pm

Since I moved my project to a live server mollom...

Note you probably need a new set of keys for the live site.

baba-papa

10 May 2009 at 12:28am

I have a new set of keys. Iinstalled the mollom module on an new project (with a third set of keys of course) and erverything works fine right from the beginning. I´m a little desprate right now.

pixelmin

Community Member, 16 Posts

19 June 2009 at 9:19pm

barba-papa, has you found a solution? I get the same error message.

Go to Top