Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We're retiring the forums!

The SilverStripe forums have passed their heyday. They'll stick around, but will be read only. We'd encourage you to get involved in the community via the following channels instead:

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Broken gallery thumbnails

Go to End

3 Posts   1070 Views


Community Member, 8 Posts

25 November 2009 at 1:02am

Edited: 25/11/2009 1:11am

Hi, I'm finding that when I upload a new gallery of photos and then link from a gallery page, the thumbnails are all broken. If I click them on the live page, they display full-size fine. Also, if I check in assets _resampled, the imaged can be displayed fine on my local machine too.

Is there something I can do to get the thumbnails to show again? The other galleries are fine.

I previously found that the resize script is failing with some large images (when adding individually to a page), probably due to insufficient php memory on the (WebFusion Linux) server, so I told my client to always upload in the desired resolution, but now the thumbs are failing. It's really doing my head in now!

Thanks for any assistance.


Community Member, 283 Posts

26 November 2009 at 6:16am

Well you should probably pose this in the Modules forum to get more specific help. But I would say get your site in dev mode, check the apache logs, maybe turn on php logging and see what is going on. If you can narrow it down to GD manipulation issues that should be easy enough to reconcile.


Community Member, 8 Posts

26 November 2009 at 11:36pm

Thanks for the response, I'm pretty sure it was caused by the low php memory and server config on my web hosting company. So I moved to a different host (32MB > 90MB) and it works nicely now. I think the image resize code was particularly affected.