Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Admin Login Fields Missing on Old SS Site

Go to End

12 Posts   2390 Views

Whitmer

Community Member, 13 Posts

25 February 2015 at 8:31am

Login fields aren't showing up with site/admin (header, footer and interface show), and forum posts with solutions are pointing to directories and files that this site does not have. I'm fresh to SS and although this site needs to be rebuilt, I'm wondering if there is a fix for now. Site structure is very different than what I've seen in other SS directories. Any SS Ninja help is very appreciated.

Attached Files
Rhym

Community Member, 12 Posts

25 February 2015 at 8:46am

Sounds like your template is missing the $Form hook.

Whitmer

25 February 2015 at 8:52am

Rhym ... I'm searching to find the file where I can verify that $Form hook. Other posts say "MySite/config.php" but this old site doesn't have a "MySite" folder.

Pyromanik

Community Member, 419 Posts

25 February 2015 at 9:11am

Edited: 25/02/2015 9:26am

Probably themes/<active_theme>/templates/Layout/Page.ss

Looking at your screenshot though, it doesn't much look like a silverstripe installation at all. If the code is circumvented that heavily... well the issue could be coming from anywhere (in all that custom code).

Actually... from re-examining your screenshot... this doesn't appear to be a silverstripe install at all :< (unless it's all contained under the cms subdir)
Do you have a version number to help us help you?

mspacemedia

25 February 2015 at 9:37am

I'm with Pyromanik on this one. Just had a sneaky peak at the html and the site looks like a very old DW site made with editable templates. Your directory structure looks wrong for an SS site and is missing some important folders for sure.

Good luck!

wmk

Community Member, 87 Posts

25 February 2015 at 9:39am

Hi Whitmer,

you're really sure this is a silverstripe site? Wappalizer says it's a DreamWeaver site and all links in menu go to php pages. Though mod_rewrite seems to grab any request, even adding /foo-admin (without trailing slash) works... at least i get a 200 response

Whitmer

25 February 2015 at 9:58am

Thank you all, for your eyes. Here's 2 screenshots of the cms sub directory. Since I'm a SS rookie, I wasn't sure if it was a very old SS site. I don't know how to verify the version number if it's a SS site.

Attached Files
mspacemedia

25 February 2015 at 10:00am

Whitmar,

try: http://www.hclequipment.com/cms/login.php

It doesn't look at all like SS

Regards,

M

Go to Top