Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

502 at admin screen, docker, amazon beanstalk

Go to End

Peavers

Community Member, 20 Posts

12 July 2015 at 2:03pm

Edited: 12/07/2015 2:39pm

This isn't really a Silverstripe issue as much as it's an environment one. I have a bunch of docker images which makes up a stateless version of Silverstripe I've been tinkering away with for awhile and everything works flawlessly on my local server.

Problem is as soon as I deploy it using Beanstalk I get 502 errors in the CMS. All the issues people seem to face with this issue are to do with nginx but I'm still using apache and its a pretty default/stock/standard LAMP stack.

All suspect log files are empty so not getting much help there either.

Has anyone done anything similar or have any tips to try and resolve this?

Solved: Had to do a little learning about how EB provisions EC2 servers, but basically nginx is in the mix there and just needed to increase the buffers on the actual server rather than each docker container. Just need to put together a .ebextensions config to make sure its applied each time the server load balances itself.