Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

database problem

Go to End

3 Posts   1400 Views

animasola

Community Member, 121 Posts

13 December 2009 at 11:10pm

Let me give you an idea of what I did. Since the userforms and save and publish have a lot of problems when pages get too many and forms get too long, I downloaded my current site database to perform changes locally where the memory_limit is higher. To avoid unnecessary errors in my current db i decided to create a new database and user altogether. I gave that user full permissions to the new database and then imported my current local database into the new online database.

I changed to details in the _config.php file of my online site to match the new database and user.

Now I get this:

[User Error] Couldn't run query: SHOW FULL FIELDS IN `Permission` Table 'atankers_silver.Permission' doesn't exist

What the hell does this error indicate? I just gave the new user permissions to the database. Is there another file aside from the _config.php which I have to edit?

tobych

Community Member, 97 Posts

14 December 2009 at 8:57am

The error probably indicates that the table Permission doesn't exist in your database. Have you checked that?

If your live server is Linux, and your local machine is running Windows, your problem may be related to the fact that the Windows and Linux versions of MySQL handle the case (upper or lower) of table names differently.

See this post: http://www.silverstripe.org/archive/show/77595#post128453

Toby

animasola

Community Member, 121 Posts

14 December 2009 at 1:48pm

Wow! That fixed it! Yey! haha... Thanks a lot! :)