Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Files & Images - permissions?

Go to End

3 Posts   1494 Views

Community Member, 31 Posts

22 December 2009 at 3:44am

I need to be able to have different permissions for the folders in the "Files & Images" section.

Basically one group of users will be allowed to upload files into a folder. Its important that another group of users cannot edit or delete any of these files.

Has anybody done this?

Community Member, 45 Posts

22 December 2009 at 12:52pm

Hi andy,

Depending on the version that you are running there are a couple of options to take care of atleast parts of this.

In 2.4 there is an option within the security tab to allow access to the Files & Images tab for a group. I have not played with it much, but i suspect that it does not then provide more granular controls over the contained folders.

Outside of that there is a module called SecureFiles that you can find a forum thread about here;

Community Member, 31 Posts

22 December 2009 at 10:31pm

I wasn't aware of the SecureFiles module - probably because its not listed in the directory. That looks like the sort of thing I need. Thanks Owen.