Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Files & Images - permissions?

Go to End

3 Posts   1889 Views

andy_steel

Community Member, 31 Posts

22 December 2009 at 3:44am

Hi,

I need to be able to have different permissions for the folders in the "Files & Images" section.

Basically one group of users will be allowed to upload files into a folder. Its important that another group of users cannot edit or delete any of these files.

Has anybody done this?

Thanks,
Andy

OwenW

Community Member, 45 Posts

22 December 2009 at 12:52pm

Hi andy,

Depending on the version that you are running there are a couple of options to take care of atleast parts of this.

In 2.4 there is an option within the security tab to allow access to the Files & Images tab for a group. I have not played with it much, but i suspect that it does not then provide more granular controls over the contained folders.

Outside of that there is a module called SecureFiles that you can find a forum thread about here;

http://silverstripe.org/installing-silverstripe/show/254742?start=0

HTH.

Cheers
Owen

andy_steel

Community Member, 31 Posts

22 December 2009 at 10:31pm

I wasn't aware of the SecureFiles module - probably because its not listed in the directory. That looks like the sort of thing I need. Thanks Owen.