Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Lots of Questions

Go to End

3 Posts   1418 Views

Blyawon

Community Member, 1 Post

19 January 2010 at 3:59am

choice CMS2Day.

I would now like to implement my new portfolio with SilverStripe. I still have, of course, no experience, and I can only HTML and CSS.

So I would like to have the following pages:
- Start: In this page I want to insert their own HTML and CSS code. Is it possible, for example Page via code?
- About me: No problem, I create a normal page.
- References: Yes, as I do that now like the most? I can not stand designe happy and wants to show on the page, of course, my references. How do I do that best? I need a thumbnail of the design, a description, a link to the appropriate web page and a way to preview the Lytebox. The best also the possibility of multiple images. Is this feasible? And when how?
- Blog: Can I move the display from the blog, so current topics, etc., in my SiteBar how and when?
- Forum: I have previously read a topic about this. Is it now that the forum is in German?

Then a few more questions:
Pay attention to what I have Coden when the template? Can I load a normal page, a module, eg via
Load_module (blog) or something like that? Can I activate a separate template for individual pages? What else do I need to know absolutely?

Hehe, these are questions many times, times I hope that you can dissect the topic here:)

Greeting
Blyawon:)

Sorry for my bad English, I'm German to well explain everything :P

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

19 January 2010 at 5:04am

Hi and welcome to SilverStripe

All the things you want to do are perfectly feasible with SilverStripe. To create more complex pages, you should learn some PHP though.
I suggest you start with the Tutorials (http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=tutorials). Or you could get yourself the SilverStripe Book (there's even a german version if you prefer to not read it in english).

juandavidgc

Community Member, 36 Posts

21 January 2010 at 9:04am

Hi Blyawon!

It's posible to insert independent HTML and CSS code in a particular Page. You need to do this:

1) You need to create another php file in the folder mysite/code. This file must be named with the same name of the Class (that extends Page or SiteTree if the look of the page is completely diferent). For example

File MyPage.php

class MyPage extends Page{
}

class MyPage_controller extends Page_controller{
}
2) You need to create the file MyPage.ss in the themes/myTheme/templates/Layout Folder. Here you can put your HTML or CSS code.

Try this and then we can see next question,

Good luck!