Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SilverStripe for a large multi-user site??

Go to End

ogia

Community Member, 1 Post

25 January 2010 at 8:54pm

Before I let the thread "How much can Silverstripe handle?" scare me away, I thought I'd post this question. :)

I have a large, busy website and I am considering SilverStripe. I'm not sure how many pages I have, but it's 1000+. The site gets about 30-40k visitors per day (200k+ page views). I'd like to implement a multi-user system so users can log in to share content. I am guessing most of the site could be static, but I'm curious what it takes to make that work. I'm already running on a dedicated server and it wouldn't be a problem to set up a dedicated server for the database in conjunction with a web server if needed.

I have installed Drupal and played around with it in the past. I like that it has lots of possibilities but it is almost too time consuming for me to set up. Reading the above thread makes me think I may have to go with it and just hire an expert to get the job done.

I'd love to hear opinions. :)