Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We're retiring the forums!

The SilverStripe forums have passed their heyday. They'll stick around, but will be read only. We'd encourage you to get involved in the community via the following channels instead:

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

character set


Go to End


12 Posts   2889 Views

Avatar
Solo

Community Member, 32 Posts

6 February 2010 at 6:04pm

Ok, i found the answer here http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/258497#post258497, but i cases only new pages, the old ones, now all have the wrong letters, and have to rebuild.

Avatar
Solo

Community Member, 32 Posts

6 February 2010 at 9:20pm

At least tag cloud didn't work correctly, and a whole blog too, i thing that every module need to be extended that way, mayby there is more elegant solution?

Avatar
carlos

Community Member, 42 Posts

9 February 2010 at 5:53pm

Hi Solo

sorry I forgot to add the class

class MySQLUnicodeDatabase extends MySQLDatabase {
	
	public function __construct($parameters) {
		parent::__construct($parameters);
		mysql_set_charset('utf8'); // We can't get access to dbConn, but we don't have to, since it's going to be the most recent one created.
	}
}

Avatar
Solo

Community Member, 32 Posts

11 February 2010 at 2:41pm

Thanks for your help, but i didn't understand how to use it, it didn't work if sets only in _conf. Another one solution is here http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/2377, but it didn't have effect on extensions, like blog. What a fk(((

Go to Top