Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Form styles

Go to End

3 Posts   1041 Views

Harley

Community Member, 165 Posts

4 February 2010 at 12:50pm

I have a site which in its header contains a form no more that two fields. I am trying to display these fields in a line but this is proving difficult because Silverstripe naturally wraps the form elements in divs each with a class.

My question is this: can the classes be removed on this particular form only? I say this form only because there is another form on the same page so I don't want to just disable the form.css, simply I would just like to remove the classes for my first form.

Can this be done and how?

Any comments are much appreciated

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

4 February 2010 at 1:01pm

Edited: 04/02/2010 1:02pm

You can customize the form template by providing a specific template file which has your own markup - http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=form#using_a_custom_template or you should be able to style the divs to fit.

Theres normally more than enough ID's and classes to use as styling hooks. If you want it on 1 line then make the form divs a fixed width and float them left.

Usually even a semi complex set of CSS rules is easier than having a custom template for the form but you can do either.

Harley

Community Member, 165 Posts

8 February 2010 at 11:56am

Thanks Willr,

I know what you mean, I would normally use the default Form.ss and manipulate with css but in this instance I need a custom form template so at least I now know I can do this.

Thanks again