Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Search Results Issues

Go to End

5 Posts   1965 Views

zenmonkey

Community Member, 545 Posts

5 February 2010 at 3:42am

I'm having an issue with search results. I'm using the standard search form in 2.3.3 however when I search for a a certain product (only one in particular), the search returns no results. If I search for other copy on that page I get the results. It seams to only happen when I use that product name. The product Name is "beyond" and I can't find a logical reason why I can't search for it.

Any Suggestions?

Mohammed

Community Member, 25 Posts

7 February 2010 at 8:11pm

I was wondering the same thing...any ideas on how to get DataObjectSets to show up with the SearchForm searchs?

weberho

Community Member, 15 Posts

18 March 2010 at 8:46am

"Beyond" is in MySQL's stop-word list and therefor ignored in fulltext-searches. See: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/fulltext-stopwords.html

zenmonkey

Community Member, 545 Posts

18 March 2010 at 9:06am

Hmm I'll have to talk to my Server Guys and see if there is a major issue with removing it from the list. Otherwise we'll have to find another solution. I've seen there's Sphinx search in the works, it may be a wait and see

weberho

Community Member, 15 Posts

18 March 2010 at 9:09am

It should be possibe to globally override the stopwords as said in http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/fulltext-fine-tuning.html