Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

2.4 beta CGI Issues

Go to End

4 Posts   1230 Views

Mo

Community Member, 541 Posts

13 February 2010 at 5:19am

Hi All,

I am trying to run version 2.4 beta1 on my shared host. They are using cgi-php and I am getting some funky fatal errors. The main one is:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Zend/Log/Writer/Abstract.php' (include_path='/usr/local/share/pear:.') in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/i-lateral.com/httpdocs/sapphire/dev/LogFileWriter.php on line 17

The require once statement in this file works fine in mod_php, but CGI doesn't seem to like it.

Any ideas?

Mo

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

14 February 2010 at 7:11pm

Edited: 14/02/2010 7:12pm

Could be different include paths or something in the FastCGI setup of PHP? Might be worth checking the phpinfo() details to see if there's anything.

Strange though, I've had SS 2.4 working with FastCGI and it appears to be working fine, even with IIS.

Permission error, perhaps?

Mo

15 February 2010 at 11:29am

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the response. I guess it could be issues with fastcgi not being able to amend PATH (as it will be doing so using my user account on the server). I am in contact with my hosting provider and have asked them. They are being very helpful, so hopefully I will know if that is the case, or if it is something else.

I will post updates here when I have them.

Cheers,

Mo

Mo

17 February 2010 at 9:44am

Ok, I have been corresponding with my hosting company for about 4 days now, they have managed to fix the problem but it has been very strange.

Not sure why, but the set_include_path function, used in sapphire/core/core.php was unable to to assign sapphire/thirdparty to the PATH when run under CGI. My host has added that directory to the PATH now in the cgi config (which was nice of them) and this has fixed the problem.

Anyone have any ideas why this might happen? My host was asking if I had any ideas, in case something like this came up again, so I thought I would post the question to the community at large.

Answers on a postcard please :s.

Mo