Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Flash/Actionscript @ SilverStripe API

Go to End

8 Posts   2297 Views

nolyup

Community Member, 5 Posts

15 February 2010 at 2:44am

Hi I'm new to Silverstripe and have a flash/php project that needs to be intergrated so to save me a complete redesign in Flash.

My client wants a flash website and wants the functionality their current CMS (Joomla). Firstly I want to get away from Joomla as it is too fat, I want a light CMS which is why i'm here.

1. I want to use the Admin functionality of Silverstripe (Username/password, groups, permissions, etc)
2. The website will be in flash.

Q. If I have a username/password login window in the flashsite can I use actionscript to access the API of Silverstripe to send authentication?

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

15 February 2010 at 7:06am

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Flash frontend with a SilverStripe backend works very well. I used it for several sites already (examples: http://bold-werbung.ch, http://chemicalbox.com).
I never felt the need to build the login form in flash, but it is certainly possible. The easiest way is probably to examine the html login form and use the same form-action and field values in flash.

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

15 February 2010 at 8:31pm

You might want to use this: http://www.amfphp.org/docs2/amfext.html

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

15 February 2010 at 8:45pm

As far as I know, development on AMFPHP has stopped. They have a good AMF implementation over at zend though (http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.amf.server.html).
There's no need for AMF though. XML is fine for most cases. And since SilverStripe offers SOAP connectivity, one could also use SOAP instead of AMF (Flash has a SOAP implementation AFAIK).

nolyup

Community Member, 5 Posts

16 February 2010 at 2:27am

Thanks Sean and banal for your reply's, this information is very helpful. look forward to getting deeping into Silverstripe.

Blaza

Community Member, 4 Posts

16 February 2010 at 6:45am

Hi. I've created a module for Silverstripe implementing ZendAMF as page type. It inherits all the Silverstripe security features as for login levels and access to pages. Adding new features is as simple as AMFPHP. I made a folder where you drop you function, tie connection from ZendAMF to Silverstripe functionality. After that you can create multiple AMF gates and have assign different functions to them + access level.
Example would be one public gate and than access to the rest of gates based on login level. ( gate - page that talks AMF not HTTP )

I wanted to promote this as official module and give that to community to use. But at this stage it is poorly documented and some features I'd like to have are missing. But function wise if works 100%.

If you are interested in this and help me with feedback or some test, or anybody interested in this topic, make a reply in this post and I'll arrange some temporary URL.

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

16 February 2010 at 9:36am

Hey Blaza,

You could still submit the module to silverstripe.org and mark it as beta. :-)

Sean

Blaza

Community Member, 4 Posts

18 February 2010 at 10:52am

Hi Sean

I did spent some time putting my module together and make it presentable. And here comes the BUT...

But when I tried to upload it through module/manage/add page I was able to fill all the fields but not able to upload my .tar.gz file. At the bottom of Source tab it says that I'll be able to upload my file after I save the form once. When I save, next it goes to thank you page and there is no chance to upload my files. I do not have SVN or any version control equivalent.

I see you are core guy and most likely I'm bitching to wrong person. :) I'll keep trying and poking that area.