Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Server Error when logging in to admin

Go to End

2 Posts   993 Views

jfusco

Community Member, 53 Posts

14 March 2016 at 3:21pm

I backed up my site and moved everything to a new installation elsewhere and it broke. When I created the site it didn't use .yml files. I got it functional but it's not formatted correctly at all. I'm trying to do some copy/paste to a new install and wanted to access the source material but I can't log in. If I put in my email and a password or even try to use the forgot password function I'm taken to a Server error screen that looks like the default installation with "Your Site Name" at the top. Any idea what might be causing this or how to get around it?

I found some info on adding Security::setDefaultAdmin('adminuser', 'password'); to the _config.php file but that produced the same results.

Thanks,
Joe

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

18 March 2016 at 10:27pm

Sorry for the late reply. If the yml is not working, and the defaul simple template is used, it would seem the silverstripe cache wasn't built (properly). Make sure that if your site has a silverstripe-cache folder in the root, you don't copy its contents... If it has not, you could try to create that folder, make sure it's writable and then do a /dev/build?flush on you site. Also make sure your asset folder is writable...

If that works, then possibly you admin section will be accessible again.

What I don't quite get is 'trying to do some copy/paste...' I would just take a completely new copy of your local site and try the above, and take it from there...