Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

migrating SS from IIS to Linux

Go to End

2 Posts   1315 Views

Yigal

Community Member, 1 Post

18 February 2010 at 2:37pm

I'm very new to SS, and I'm trying to migrate it from a dedicated IIS server to a Linux shared hosting.

I copied all files from the www folder to the www folder on the Linux shared hosting.
Exported MySQL from the IIS server and imported onto the MySQL on the shared hosting
Updated _config.php with the new MySQL information
Run http://bigfootnetworks.site.aplus.net/db/build?flush=1 which seem to fix the table name issue when moving from IIS to Linux.

The major problem is with the CMS:
1) I'm unable to use any previous user to access the CMS, only Admin works
2) I'm getting very ofter error loading page, and an empty popup - see attached screenshots
3) Under site content, I don't see all the site.

Can anyone advice if I'm missing any step in migration
How do I debug, find the reason I'm getting the errors in the CMS

Thanks,

Attached Files
StuM

Community Member, 59 Posts

18 February 2010 at 3:03pm

Edited: 18/02/2010 3:04pm

Possible problem I can think of is MySQL on Windows, by default it converts the table names to lower case, so when you import it into Linux, it wouldn't recognize the table names and would have built the database from scratch. If you look in PhpMyAdmin or something, you may see that there's a duplicate of the tables, i.e SiteTree and sitetree. If that's the case, you'll have to either rename them manually or write a script to do it.