Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Files I just uploaded in silverstripe are not showing up in my picture inserter?

Go to End

6 Posts   3952 Views

TF-35Lightning

Community Member, 137 Posts

23 February 2010 at 11:49pm

Hi all,

I have just installed silver stripe but are just having a small difficulty with the file uploading component at the moment. I go to files and images and upload the files I want eg (.jpg and pdf) now they show up there listed on that page, but back on the Site Content area when I go to insert a .jpg the file I just uploaded isn't showing up???

I go to insert image, select the upload directory but the image I just uploaded isn't showing from the selection list. Any ideas?

Any help would be great

Taffy

Community Member, 119 Posts

24 February 2010 at 12:31am

Have you tried clearing your browsers cache and trying again?

You wouldn't happen to have the mod_fcgid Apache module installed on your server would you?

TF-35Lightning

Community Member, 137 Posts

24 February 2010 at 3:00pm

Hi Taffy, no I can't see that module on my list. My Wampserver is a fresh install with default setting apart from having the rewrite_module ticked.

Clearing the cache doesn't make any difference.

Any other ideas? I installed Silverstripe on it's own, I didn't have to install any other 3rd party apps, modules etc I hope.

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

25 February 2010 at 12:39am

Does this happen on an out of the box SilverStripe install? I had something like that happen to a site of mine once. I seem to recall it had something to do with the fact that I had defined an Image field on a page, and called it 'Image'. After I visited that page in the CMS, on all pages the thing you describe started to happen...

Of course this might have nothing to do with your problem - just thought I'd mention it

Mohammed

Community Member, 25 Posts

26 February 2010 at 3:18pm

Edited: 26/02/2010 3:31pm

I'm having the same problem. I have version 2.3.6 installed. What version do you have installed?

EDIT: What's so interesting is that when I upload the image via CMS, it gets placed in the "Uploads" folder with a permission of "600" (hence why we cannot see the image using our browser). When I call the image on the template, $Image, it still will not display the image.

IF I call the image with $Image.SetWidth(100), it shows up just fine.

Can someone explain this? How do enable all uploads to be visible, without having to have a ".SetWidth"?

Mohammed

Community Member, 25 Posts

26 February 2010 at 5:42pm

Edited: 26/02/2010 5:43pm

I read a post which fixed this issue. It's available at http://www.silverstripe.org/archive/show/145873?start=16#post172052.

They mentioned that you need to edit Folder.php (found in sapphire/filesystem) and add the line in red

if(file_exists($tmpFile['tmp_name']) && copy($tmpFile['tmp_name'], "$base/$file")) {
			// Update with the new image
			chmod("$base/$file", 0755);
			return $this->constructChild(basename($file)); 

How can this be done without having to alter the core code?