Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Host's DNS changed - can't upload assets, forms not working

Go to End

2 Posts   1479 Views

Gina

Community Member, 11 Posts

13 March 2010 at 5:10am

Hi - Not sure this is the correct place to ask this question. My site us up and working but my host changed their DNS and I have no earthly idea where I tell SS to use the new credentials to ftp files. I can't upload any assets and get an error when I try. It appears this is also affecting form submittals on the server. I did not originally install SS - a developer did this and he has abandoned me. If there is a file I can change to update this please tell me where to locate it. THANKS IN ADVANCE!
:o(

Mo

Community Member, 541 Posts

14 March 2010 at 9:37am

As far as I am aware, Silverstripe doesn't use FTP to upload files (at least, I have never used FTP). Could you post the error you get up here?

I can't see why changing the DNS for a server would make a lot of difference to Silverstripe, unlike systems like Wordpress, it is pretty independent of the server it sits on, so the same site can be easily accessed from multiple addresses without any required changes.

Mo