Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Editor Text size vs Site Text size

Go to End

6 Posts   1692 Views

steve_nyhof

Community Member, 224 Posts

15 March 2010 at 1:54pm

I have been looking around trying to find some help on adjusting the css file associated with the editor.
I am using 2.3.3 and have not found a file.

In general, most of my fonts are smaller - like half the size in the editor vs the site. Heading styles also - half size.

Anyone point me in the right direction to fix this please.

Steve

Benedikt

Community Member, 16 Posts

16 March 2010 at 3:00am

I would say that you could change that in the body.mceContentBody class in the editor.css. Normally the CMS should take the editor.css located in the template folder but for me it takes the file located in the cms/css folder for some reason.

steve_nyhof

16 March 2010 at 4:28am

I take a look. I do not have an editor.css file in the themes, only in the cms/css folder. The editor.css file in the cms/css folder only has a few classes, not sure what they do - I'll mess with it.

Thank you
Steve

steve_nyhof

16 March 2010 at 4:34am

Edited: 16/03/2010 4:56am

That did it! changed it to "font-size: 100%;" - I didn't change that before because I thought it would also change the paragraph text, but it left that alone.

Thank you!
Steve

Benedikt

Community Member, 16 Posts

16 March 2010 at 10:52pm

@Steve
According to http://www.silverstripe.org/customising-the-cms/show/276090?start=0#post280958 there is a bug in the current silverstripe versions which prevents Silverstripe to load the editor.css out of the template/css folder. A fix for that bug is given there, you might want to follow this. (It's always unwise to change the core code since it will be overwritten once you upgrade Silverstripe)

steve_nyhof

17 March 2010 at 3:05am

I will take a look, but at this point, my system is so far removed from a typical SS system, upgrades will just take time.

Thank you