Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Loading page content on another page

Go to End

4 Posts   3200 Views

steve_nyhof

Community Member, 224 Posts

18 March 2010 at 2:26am

Edited: 18/03/2010 2:27am

I want to load page content from another page into another page, by using the site tree dropdown. I have everything in place, but I am not sure how to add the code to grab the page...

This works

<div class="typography"><h1><% control Title %>$XML<% end_control %></h1>
<% control Page(disclaimer) %>$Content<% end_control %></div>

This does not

<div class="typography"><h1><% control Title %>$XML<% end_control %></h1>
<% control Page(MyDataFieldName) %>$Content<% end_control %></div>

My page code... All seems to do well.

$fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Content.Main', new TreeDropdownField('DuplicateContentPage', 'Select Page:', 'SiteTree', 'URLSegment', 'MenuTitle'));

In the databse, the value is 0 (zero), and I need it to be the page name - like home, or special-footer

Thank you
Steve Nyhof

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

18 March 2010 at 12:08pm

You can't pass variables into statements (like foo($Bar)) which is what you're doing. Instead what you should be doing is having a relationship between the pages then you can go <% control ThatOtherPageThisRelatesTo %>$Content<% end_control %>

steve_nyhof

Community Member, 224 Posts

18 March 2010 at 12:24pm

Thank you willr,

I had a feeling it would need to be done that way. I finally hired a full time programmer but have him busy with other things right now, but your statement will give him some direction.

Thank you,
Steve Nyhof

PeltierEffects

Community Member, 6 Posts

7 April 2011 at 4:02pm

Okay, I've tried for a week. I am sure I am missing something small. On my homepage I have a little section where special information can be pulled into display. On pages other than the homepage I put in a couple of sidebar sections that can be edited in the CMS then just pulled into the page. But trying to build this similar idea for the homepage I am missing something. I created every thing the same as I did for my sidebar sections, did a dev build, in the CMS I see I can put the page type of homespecial. I built a page and put content in it. But the content from the CMS will not display. I know the section is there because I can see the <div>...</di> for the homepage.ss file. In homepage.ss I have

<% control HomeSpecial %>
$Content
<% end_control %>

So, what am I missing.

Thanks