Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

handling different ports in URLs

Go to End

4 Posts   1920 Views

splatEric

Community Member, 15 Posts

18 March 2010 at 4:30am

Hi,

I've just been working with the pagination recipe for my implementation of a news index page. It was working fine, except the $NextLink and $PrevLink values weren't working properly. Looking at the URLs that were being produced, I could see that the port of my development server address was not being inserted into the absolute URL that these values were being defined with.I am using MAMP on OSX, which is running over port 8888.

I took a look through the forums, but couldn't find anyone mentioning this. so in the spirit of adventure/sheer bloodymindedness, I went in search of where this URL was being defined. I dug it out and have patched my local code to fix this problem:

sapphire/core/HTTP.php

115,118d114
< 				isset($parts['port']) && $parts['port'] != ''
< 				? ':' . $parts['port']
< 				: ''
< 			) . (

No idea if this information will be useful to anyone or not, but thought I'd throw it out there for anyone else who runs across a similar problem

cheers

Mike

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

18 March 2010 at 11:48am

Might be good to file this as a ticket on open.silverstripe.org if this is still an issue for you in 2.4.

becca

Community Member, 5 Posts

19 March 2010 at 1:08pm

This was great! I was just starting to dig into HTTP.php, as I was having the same problem. You just saved my evening!

kuenkuen82

Community Member, 41 Posts

23 March 2010 at 11:56pm

Yeah I had the same problem too, this fixed the problem