Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

mysterious CSS spacing issue in SS for $content place holder content

Go to End

2 Posts   1310 Views

TF-35Lightning

Community Member, 137 Posts

26 March 2010 at 5:50pm

Hi all,

I am trying to work out why my content seems to start 10px, almost the size of a standard <br>, down from its actual $Content content place holder. (I've checked the html of the content and there is nothing in there to indicate why it would be space so much downward. A <p> is placed before the content.

Also when I have a long line text and it is automatically forced down to the next line, well height between the 2 lines seems to be about 3px bigger than what is on a normal plain html page.

I am working in the typography.css, editor.css css pages and non of the elements there have any settings for this behaviour, so I am wondering if these 2 behaviours is being picked up from some other peice of css lying around SS.

Any help would be great

JoshuaLewis

Community Member, 81 Posts

27 March 2010 at 12:54pm

Try using something like Firebug on Firefox or Dragonfly on Opera to inspect the page. This should show you exactly what styles are being applied to each element and where they are coming from.