Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

ModelAdmin Loads incorrectly after adding a new item.

Go to End

3 Posts   1736 Views

JoshuaLewis

Community Member, 81 Posts

26 March 2010 at 7:56pm

Clicking on either the 'Create' or 'Search' buttons after adding a new item using ModelAdmin causes the page to reload incorrectly. This doesn't happen after editing or deleting an existing item.

I'm using SS v2.3.7, the 2.3 branch of DOM and SWFUploadField, and the stable release of MultiForm. Here's my code http://pastie.org/887879 and I've attached a screen shot to illustrate the problem.

Any help identifying the source of the problem or a solution is appreciated.

Detailed Description

• Access 'Distributor' tab in the main CMS menu (it shows up next to 'Security')
  • Click 'Create Distributor' button in the sidebar.
  • Fill out fields and click 'Add' button.
  • The page appears to reload just fine except that up until now the url has read 'mydomain.com/admin/distributors', now it reads 'mydomain.com/admin/distributors/Distributor/ID/edit' where ID is the DB id of the new item.
  • Click either 'Create Distributor' or 'Search' in the sidebar.
  • The page reloads looking like the image I linked and the URL changes once again.

altima

Community Member, 3 Posts

31 March 2010 at 8:39am

Hi,

i've same issue. I use TranslatableModelAdmin, but in normal ModelAdmin is same. So after many try's igot no fix. Some search results in forum doesn't help....

Has anyone a fix or howto, to solve the problem?

many thx

dhensby

Community Member, 253 Posts

7 April 2010 at 5:32am

Same problem here, any insight would be wonderful.

Looks like a JS problem to be, some function isn't being attached correctly to the add action or isn't returning false.