Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

This forum - a way to see your own topics and if there are replies?

Go to End

5 Posts   1618 Views

jorrie

Community Member, 40 Posts

29 March 2010 at 5:23am

This forum - Is there a way to see your own topics and if there are replies?
I find it higly frustrating to see if I have replies because i have to search all my topics and open them by hand.

patjnr

Community Member, 102 Posts

29 March 2010 at 6:10am

Hi

you just have to subscribe after posting.
JUST TICK "Subscribe to this topic (Receive email notifications when a new reply is added) "

ta

PAt

jorrie

Community Member, 40 Posts

29 March 2010 at 11:43am

How stupid I totally missed that!

However how about a feature where you could see a "search result" of your own topics with numer of replies and the latest replyer?
Would save a lot of inbox checking, I guess that feature is common in many forum solutions but not currently available in the silverstripe forum ( As I assume this forum is powered by the silverstripe forum module? )

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

29 March 2010 at 7:51pm

Yes jorrie - this forum is powered by the SS forum module however it is a slightly older version.

Implementing search by member name is covered by this ticket - http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/5272.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

29 March 2010 at 7:59pm

Plus if you just always select 'subscribe to this topic' then you'll get emails when ever a reply is posted. You can also do a search for your name, order it by date desc then bookmark that rss feed. Not perfect but if a newer search result with your name comes through you'll get it.