Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Error message and website down

Go to End

4 Posts   1053 Views

MarioSommereder

Community Member, 107 Posts

29 August 2016 at 5:56pm

Hi.

I did get this error message in the browser window when calling my website:

Warning: require_once(/website/live/SortableGridField/_config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /website/live/framework/core/manifest/ConfigManifest.php on line 141

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/website/live/SortableGridField/_config.php’ (include_path=‘.:/website/live/framework:/website/live/framework/parsers:/ in /website/live/framework/core/manifest/ConfigManifest.php on line 141

After I did a ?flush=1 the website worked again. The thing is, that this happened without any changes to the code, the content or the server.

Has anyone any idea how this happened and how to avoid it in the future?

Thanks in advance.

Best, Mario

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

30 August 2016 at 7:36am

Have you checked the filepath website/live/SortableGridField/_config.php to see if that file actually exists?

MarioSommereder

Community Member, 107 Posts

30 August 2016 at 3:58pm

The file does exist, otherwise the website wouldn't have worked perfectly before. Although the webhoster said, that it seems that the file was not cached and that triggered the error.

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

30 August 2016 at 9:27pm

I was only thinking - if a file or module for some reason got lost or corrupted, it could have caused the error. A flush could then have removed it from the manifest, so the error would go away. Only on pages where the SortableGridField is actually used, you'd run into a new error...

Anyway, if that's not the case and you never changed anything, then the only reason I can think of is something happened on the server. You say the server didn't change, don't know if you're on a hosted platform, because that would make it hard to verify... But then again things do get corrupted sometimes. Maybe the opcode cache was, as they told you... I even read somewhere that a corrupted session could do this, although I wouldn't know why?..

Anyway, I would monitor things and see how it goes. Which is likely what you're doing already :)