Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Over lapping txt with IE

Go to End

3 Posts   1156 Views

nez

Community Member, 4 Posts

14 April 2010 at 3:24pm

Edited: 14/04/2010 3:25pm

I have a problem with a site I built.

the article pages when load for the first time in IE will be over lapped or the title will be under the subtitle and even the title in the middle of the first paragraph.

http://www.clarencenorrismd.com/article/

all the articles if loaded by IE will have some flaw but one or two. Now nothing happens with Chrome Firefox or Safari as far as i have seen or herd.

can anyone see a flaw or know why this can be happening?

thanks

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

14 April 2010 at 9:12pm

Firefox and IE8 look identical for me. Both seem fine unless I'm misunderstanding the question.

What version of IE are you referring to?

It really sounds like whatever you are seeing is a CSS problem, not Silverstripe. You may find quicker help over at Sitepoint's forums. It's full of designers.

nez

Community Member, 4 Posts

15 April 2010 at 3:20am

Once you go to the link above and click on the individual links on that page you will see the txt for each page goes hay wire in IE8 and IE 7. It has been proven on multiple computers.

I have also taken your advise and gone to the website you suggested to seek out help.

Thanks